Why when we grow up our birthday is celebrated in such a low profile? I think it was our personal choice and may be we want to escape from the work accompanied with celebration. That’s why we go outside to have dinner so that we can enjoy the comfort of food being served. No more philosophical talking.
I made this cake for my very loving and supportive husband. Whipped cream icing I don’t prefer generally, but here, a birthday means lots of cream and as promised I made his favourite on his birthday. I made a quite big cake and I have very little cream left with me. So I decided to do the decoration with the remaining fondant in the freeze which left after I iced my son’s birthday cake. As usual we celebrated his birthday with all the kids in the family. For years, it has been so or I would say its an tradition and we enjoyed it too. He planned to take us outside for dinner but kids have school tomorrow so I postponed the plan for the coming Sunday.
This is the first time I made a sponge with egg base and I loved the result and I received the best ever comments from all around like, it was the best they have tasted. So what else you want and for him everything works if it has pineapple or nuts in it. I made pizza for dinner. I prepared the base and pizza sauce at home(recipe will be posted soon). Which was again a favorite at home.
Ingredients for the sponge
- Eggs – 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pineapple Essence – 1tsp
- vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Method of sponge
- Beat the eggs with sugar for 10 min until a thick ribbon like consistency obtained. Sprinkle the top with flour and essences and fold in gently with a spatula
just until all of the flour is incorporated. DO NOT OVERMIX or it won’t
rise well. Transfer to your prepared 9″ two cake pan 9″ lined properly and bake for 23 min. Cool to room temp.
- Whipped Cream – 3 Cups
- Pineapple essence – 1 tsp
- Pineapple slices (tinned) – Chopped 2 to 3 pieces
- Juice of Pineapple from the tin – 2 tbsp.
Method of icing
- Beat the icing with the essence until stiff peaks formed with the hand mixer.
- Place a layer of a cake. Sprinkle some syrup over it. Spread some icing topped with pineapple slices now put another layer over it again sprinkle some syrup now cover the whole cake with whipped cream. Decorate as desired.