After having so many healthy desserts for long we all were craving for something chocolaty and buttery. Isn’t the combination in itself sounds yummmmm…
I googled this recipe last night and I knew this going to be made very soon not knowing so soon.
Ours is a family who love to have something sweet after every meal but unfortunately for some days nothing has been baked. One by one everybody came enquiring. Later, they asked me to bake something for them I was dying so hear something like this from their mouth. I rushed into the kitchen giggling. It took no time to prepare. Only time we required for this is freezing time that too, I took care of, by putting this in freezer instead of freeze. This type of recipes are for sure to keep. Whenever any guests are coming, it can be prepared in minutes.
As expected, it was loved by everyone. It was a complete indulging dessert.. However it is hard to change habits and I did add very little butter and in filling too I reduce the cream and added milk instead.
I adapted the recipe of very very talented La recetade la felicidad
- 300 g (10 oz) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (I put ¼ cup)
Chocolate Cream filling
- 4/5 cup heavy cream(I added half cream and half milk)
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- about 4 or 5 chopped Oreo cookies
- To make the crust, using a food processor, blend Oreo cookies until the texture of coarse meal or crumbs. Add the melted butter and blend until well combine. Place the mixture into pie tins (mine has a removable bottom for easy removal of the finished tart) and press onto the bottom and up the sides evenly. Freeze the crust whilst preparing the chocolate filling
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream to the boil. Remove from heat, add chopped chocolate and let rest for 5 minutes. Then stir until dissolved. Pour chocolate filling over oreo crust, and decorate with some chopped oreo cookies.
- Chill for 2 hours at least, preferably overnight. Unmold, serve, and enjoy!