Before I started baking, one of my friend, a best chocolate cake baker told me that she always keep the temperature of oven at 120 to 130 degree for a creamier texture. At that time I listened to her in amazement because as per my little knowledge cakes are mostly baked at a temperature of 180 degree or sometime even higher degree and if the temperature is so low it will definitely take more time or better say double the time to bake.
But I never tried my bakes with such low temperature because once you pop something in, you can’t wait to see how it rise, whether the top cracks, it rise from the center or so many things. But if I believe her, which I have to because hers is the best cake I ever had.
Today I crave for something more quicker than my usual stuff and surprisingly there is no such recipe on blog too.
My earlier experiences of this instant servings were not so good as it always gives a rubbery texture.
But this cake would not disappoint you. This is my second following of La Rece De La Felicidad’s recipe. Her photography is so amazing that you can’t stop yourself to try them all.
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons nutella
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons whole fat milk
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 caramel candy squares (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients, excepting caramel candy squares
- Divide batter between two mugs
- Press caramel candy squares into the batter
- Microwave 1 cake mug for 1 minute, 45 seconds (set the microwave at maximum power)
- Serve hot or warm preferably, alone, or with a scoop o vanilla ice, whipped cream,…