No respite from heat and we all know this will continue for some more months. I have to look for options that can give some comforts as well as benefits to our health.
Yogurt is the one answer to beat the heat and if, we added some goodness of fruit to it what better than that. All sorts of frozen yogurt were my favorite but it is not everybody’s favorite, like my son doesn’t like it at all.
This winter I frozen many packets of strawberries. Some were already consumed in smoothies but I saved some for other desserts.
This season strawberry froyo was something which I don’t want to make because it was already there in my blog and when there were a line of other desserts waiting to be tried, why go for something which I already relished. But last week storm spoiled all my mood when there was no light for many hours and I have an experience that once your frozen strawberries losses its ice they started smelling and at that time you can’t save your precious fruit. I took no chance and immediately prepare this half heartedly. Which later I enjoyed till the last scoop.
- Frozen Strawberries – 900gms
- Strained yogurt (curd strained in the freeze for whole night) – 300gm
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Red wine – 2 tbsp (optional but as I said earlier adding booze to your frozen dessert helps in avoiding ice crystals)
- sliced almonds to garnish
- strawberry coulis to pour over each scoop or you can heat some strawberry jam with some water and when this mixture cools down you can pour it over
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor. Pour this mixture in an airtight container and freeze it. Remember to churn the mixture after every two hours to avoid ice crystals.